The administrator profile on a computer has access total to all operations. However, there are certain limitations that even the user may face. For example, it can happen that it is difficult to delete certain files from the system and it is an annoying situation that few know how to correct. However, we know the solution and in this note we tell you how you can proceed to delete those items from your PC.
Perhaps it has happened to you that you want to delete a file and a window appears saying that it is impossible because it is in use. In case you have already closed all the programs and the system keeps indicating the same thing, then it may be an application that works in the background and you have not noticed.
In these cases, it is recommended to force the deletion of the file. that displays the Windows error message and then we will show you how to proceed.
Close the programs
If a file cannot be deleted, it may be still open or used by another program. To delete it follow these steps:
- Check if the file is open in a program.
- Close the open file or the entire program.
- If you don’t know what program it is, open the task manager with the key combination Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Close all programs by pressing End Task on active processes. It is important that you do not close Windows Explorer or Task Manager.
- After that it should be possible to delete the files.
Delete a folder
Are you getting the error message “Item not found”? So there is a problem in the explorer and to fix it you need to restart “explorer.exe”.
- Go to task manager.
- Locate Windows Explorer and click on End task.
- In the task manager, click on File and then on Run new task.
- In the Create new task section, type “C:Windowsexplorer.exe” and click OK.
How to record the screen of your Windows PC or laptop or from a Mac?
It is probable that at some point you have needed record the screen of your PC or laptop, either to make a YouTube tutorial or to present some work. For such situations, many users they choose to use third-party apps, since they are unaware that Windows has a native function to execute this action.
Likewise, one can record the screen from a window of the web browser of your choice, be it Chrome, Edge or Safari, although it will depend on the material that you want to record at that moment.
You must press the Windows + G keys and thus you will activate the Game Mode. To record the screen, click on the “Start recording” option, located in the Capture menu and represented by a gray circle symbol. Another alternative is the Windows + Alr + R key combination.
You should know that to use the screen recording system, you need to have a graphics card in your PC that supports Intel Quick Sync H.260, Nvidia HVENC or AMD VCE encoders.