Until a few months ago, users of WhatsApp they wanted to hide from their contacts that they were ‘online‘ had to resort to an app developed by third parties or download a modified version (MOD) such as WhatsApp Plus, GB WhatsApp, among others. Fortunately, this has just changed.
Although Mark Zuckerberg had announced the feature to hide that you are ‘online’ last August, the developers of WhatsApp They just added it in the latest beta. In other words, there are already thousands of users who are trying it from their smartphones, be they Android or iPhone.
Thanks to this feature, users of WhatsApp they will be able to enter the instant messaging app to review (or respond to) their messages without any pressure, since their contacts will not know that they are connected. For this reason, in social networks they have dubbed this new option as the ‘ninja mode’.
How to hide the ‘online’ to your WhatsApp contacts?
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp. Please note that this is currently only available to beta testers.
- Press the three dot iconlocated in the upper right corner
- Several options will be displayed, you have to choose Settings.
- Now select Bill and then Privacy
- You will see the section Who can see my personal information? which is made up of five categories: Time of last time, Profile photo, Info, Status and —the most recent— Last seen online.
- You will have to select the latter and choose No one so that no one knows that you are connected.
- In case you want to hide the information only from some people, you must choose My contacts except.